64HD digital video HDMI output mod kit for Nintendo 64 N64 | Gamebox Systems
👍 Shop with confidence - We're here for you 🤗
- 🚚 Tracked shipping (limitations apply) Learn more
- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Rated "Excellent" on Trustpilot
- 📦 Fast dispatch - Normally same business day !
- 🛡️ 2 Year warranty (terms apply) - More info
- 🤑 Join our rewards program > Get discounts !
- 🏦🇪🇺/🇳🇴/🇦🇺 - We are tax registered in the EU, Norway & Australia - Prices include VAT/GST tax - More info
- 🏦🇺🇸 - No import fees/sales tax on orders under $800 USD for US customers
- Compatible with all N64 models - PAL & NTSC
- Supported Resolutions: 1080i60, 720p60, 480p60, 240p60
- Scaling Modes: Integer 1:1, Full Screen non-Linear, Non-integer linear, Overscan
- VI Deblur, Brightness Control, 3 Pixel Filter & 3 Scanline Modes, settings saving
- Requires good soldering stills to install, with micro soldering required.
NOTE: Quick solder flex cables (QSB) are available fragile and require careful skilled soldering, it is recommended to use good quality flux and solder on these to achieve a good installation.
Give your 64 the HD treatment with this DIY HDMI upgrade kit from Gamebox systems, which includes everything you need to get digital out from your Nintendo 64 via a HDMI port, and with no cutting of the console shell!
The 64HD HDMI digital out mod from Gamebox systems adds modern HDMI connectivity to your retro N64 console, plus a whole range of additional features to give you an enhanced gaming experience. The mod primarily helps you to attach your Nintendo 64 to a modern TV, but it does so in a way that provides the very best possible picture, tapping directly into the motherboard for a digital signal, rather than using the traditional analog AV out.
This mod does require technical soldering to a high degree of accuracy, as you will need to solder individual pin legs on IC chips found inside the console on then motherboard, it is recommended to have this installed professionally if you are not experienced with soldering small detailed parts. The installation of the mod is done at the owners risk, please read the warranty information below. No cutting of the shell is required, meaning that the mod could be reversed and removed later by de-soldering.
Once installed you will be able to hook the N64 up to a TV or monitor using HDMI in digital quality, with no AV converters needed or quality losses experienced. The mod offers 4 different resolutions which are useful for various applications from playing the console on a big TV to capturing your gameplay for streaming through your own video capture setup, you can choose the resolution and save the settings for the next time you turn on the console.
You will also be able access new features such as scanline modes which will give the retro CRT style appearance on a modern LCD screen, overscan which allows you to adjust the image size to fill your screen, and VI Deblur which creates a sharper image by attempting to remove the blur used in the original software.
DOWNLOAD THE INSTALLATION PDF GUIDE HERE
(Right click link, save link as)
Included in the kit:
64HD PCB board
HDMI Daughterboard PCB + Ribbon Cable
3D printed riser bracket
Quick solder flex cable
No-cut A/V Shroud (not pictured but included)
Foam Adhesive Pad (for N64 motherboard revisions NUS-CPU-06 through NUS-CPU-09)(Not pictured but included)
Full feature list:
Compatible with all N64 models NTSC & PAL
- 1080i60 (1920×1080 interlaced) - Works best with NTSC consoles.
- 720p60 (1280×720 progressive, Default Mode) - Best compatibility for PAL consoles.
- 480p60 (720×480 progressive)
- 240p60 (1440×240 progressive, use with component converter for PVM/CRT screens)
- Integer 1:1 PAR (Pixel Aspect Ratio)
- Full Screen non-Linear
- Non-integer linear scaling (Default scaling option)
- Overscan for All Scaling Modes
- VI Deblur
- Image Brightness Control
- 3 Pixel Filter modes
- 3 Scanline Modes (Simple and Hybrid)
- Settings saving
Warranty information and exclusions:
Our standard 2 year warranty is provided on this product subject to clean and proper installation of the parts, installation of this product is done at the owners own risk. We accept no liability for damage or consequential loss from the fitting of parts or modification parts supplied by ourselves, our liability is limited to the supplied parts only. Accidental damage is not covered under any warranty, replacement flex cables will be made available to purchase in case of any errors made during the installation.