Retro Gem HDMI Upscaler kit universal lag free digital video AV upgrade mod [PRE-ORDER] | PixelFX
👍 Shop with confidence - We're here for you 🤗
- 🚚 Tracked shipping (limitations apply) Learn more
- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Rated "Excellent" on Trustpilot
- 📦 Fast dispatch - Normally same business day !
- 🛡️ 2 Year warranty (terms apply) - More info
- 🤑 Join our rewards program > Get discounts !
- 🏦🇪🇺/🇳🇴/🇦🇺 - We are tax registered in the EU, Norway & Australia - Prices include VAT/GST tax - More info
- 🏦🇺🇸 - No import fees/sales tax on orders under $800 USD for US customers
- Digital lag-free HDMI output
- Simple firmware update procedure via WiFi
- Advanced scaling and video filters in Shiny Edition
- Currently supports N64, PS2, PS1 & Dreamcast
- Requires advanced level internal soldering
The Retro GEM is the ultimate HDMI kit for your retro gaming consoles. PRE-ORDER - Estimated arrival time mid September 2023
PLEASE NOTE: This product requires advanced level soldering, installation is not for beginners, you will need good quality solder and flux, be familar and experienced with soldering small pitch IC pin legs, and techniques such as drag soldering. If you have never soldered before or your not experienced enough there are a number of recommended installers available to install this kit for you. You can find the installer list here: https://docs.pixelfx.co/GEM-Details.html
This universal* HDMI upscaler is an internal modification to upgrade your consoles video audio output to digital HDMI.
Basic edition: up to 720p resolution, bob interlacing, Integer scaling, basic scanlines.
Shiny edition: up to 1440p resolution, bob interlacing, weave & motion adaptive scaler, Integer scaling, Free/Cusom scaling, Basic scanlines, adaptive, slotmask.
We only sell the Basic edition Retro Gem, upgrading to the Shiny edition is done by via a digital license purchase which is tied to the hardware for the lifetime of the product, upgrading can be done via wifi at any time, there is no need to open the console to upgrade.
*Consoles currently supported are:
Sony Playstation 2
Please click the following link for specific mainboard revision compatibility: https://docs.pixelfx.co/GEM-Support.html
More consoles will be supported soon.
The GEM PCB is installed using one of the console kits created by PixelFX, simply select your console from the available options and the relevant installation kit including the HDMI daugher board, flex ribbon cables and fixings will be included with your Gem.
The basic can be upgraded to the Shiny at any time, even after installing into a console.
The shiny version (digital upgrade) is purchased separately from PixelFX at any time. There is no hardware difference between the basic and shiny version, you can upgrade a basic version to the shiny version at any time via a online digital purchase from PixelFX, upgrade is done over wifi, purchase license here: https://www.pixelfx.co/retro-gem-shiny-upgrade