Game Boy Pocket Color mod project (POCO)
The Game Boy Pocket Color mod project created by Xipher is a process of fitting a Game Boy Color console into a Pocket shell.
This mod is very difficult to do and recommended only for experienced modders.
You can buy most if not all of the parts required for this mod here, including the official Xipher Pocket Color PCB button board.
Checkout and follow Xipher design on youtube where you will find a 3 part video guide to doing this mod: https://www.youtube.com/c/XipherDesign
Parts suggested by Xipher:
1) Funny Playing Pocket Shell, buttons & silicone rubber pads.
2) Q5 OSD Display for a GBC (FunnyPlaying model not recommended for this mod)
3) Regular Game Boy Pocket glass screen lens
4) 850 mAh Lithium Battery (45mm x 20mm x 8mm)
5) Helder Game Boy Color Power Regulator
6) Capacitor Replacements:
C35 Mfr#: EMK212BBJ226MG-T & C38 Mfr#: AMK316AC6107ML-T
7) Game Boy Color speaker
8) Lipo charging PCB board
9) USB C breakout board
10) 3D printed brackets designed by Xipher
11) Custom button board designed by Xipher
12) Power Switch replacement 1P3T
13) Enamel wire & hookup wire
14) Kapton tape
15) General tools including screwdrivers, soldering iron & craft knife
Button PCB Board for Nintendo Game Boy Color to Game Boy Pocket conversion ( Pocket Color GBC to GBP) | Xipher Design
Replacement C35 & C38 SMD ceramic capacitors for Nintendo Game Boy Color to Game Boy Pocket conversion ( Pocket Color GBC to GBP) POCO | Xipher Design
Lipo Battery 950 Mah 3.7V 102045 lithium polymer cell 10x20x45mm suitable for Game Boy Pocket mods & DIY electronics | ZedLabz