3D printer PLA Plus (PLA+) filament 1.75mm 1KG roll - UK made eco friendly - Deep Purple | 3DQF
👍 Shop with confidence - We're here for you 🤗
- 🚚 Tracked shipping (limitations apply) Learn more
- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Rated "Excellent" on Trustpilot
- 📦 Fast dispatch - Normally same business day !
- 🛡️ 2 Year warranty (terms apply) - More info
- 🤑 Join our rewards program > Get discounts !
- 🏦🇪🇺/🇳🇴/🇦🇺 - We are tax registered in the EU, Norway & Australia - Prices include VAT/GST tax - More info
- 🏦🇺🇸 - No import fees/sales tax on orders under $800 USD for US customers
- UK manufactured PLA Plus 3D printer filament 1.75mm diameter.
- 1KG roll - Supplied on an eco friendly cardboard spool.
- Made with Natureworks 3D850, PLA+ offers better flow & reduced warping
- Recommended print temp 220 - 235°C, Bed temp 40-50°C
- Suitable for use with adhesion promoters such as Elmers purple glue.
If your looking for more consistent and reliable PLA, with benefits such as reduced warping, higher impact resistance, then look no further than PLA+ from 3DQF!
Made in the UK from Natureworks 3D850 high crystalline material, PLA + allows for some impressive improvements over the 3DQF base 4043D PLA. With the ease of printing that you come to expect from all 3DQF filaments, this new PLA+ is sure to impress, with super smooth flow, higher temperature resistance*, higher impact resistance and reduced warping, 3DQF PLA+ is made from materials that were specifically developed for 3D printing!
Available in a selection of bright and vibrant colours and with super smooth printing performance there's a lot to like about PLA Plus.
What is PLA+
Not all PLA+ are made the same, many filaments marked PLA+ are in fact using the base grade of polymer which is 4043D. Generally when a manufacturer quotes PLA+ or PLA Plus, it is used as a marketing tactic to say that it's a better version than their standard grade PLA, and the standard PLA can also include all sorts of irregular or unknown filling materials, with the aim of reducing production costs, these non standardised materials can be a contributing factor to typical 3D printing problems such as warping.
For transparency, 3DQF disclose the materials used and the benefits of each of them. There are two recognized PLA+, 3D850 and 3D870, both of these polymers expand on the range and scope of what PLA can do.
3DQF use 3D850 in their PLA+, a high crystalline material allowing for annealing at 80°C, this improved the materials significantly and allows it to withstand temps in excess of 100°C. The material's impact strength is significantly increased allowing the material to bend and flex while also improving layer bonding, giving sharper prints and more vibrant colours. Warping is also reduced with 3D850 over 4043D.
Material PLA Plus filament
Diameter 1.75mm + or - 0.03mm
Filament Weight 1 Kg Gross
Print Temperature 220 - 235°C
Bed temperature 40-50°C or unheated
198 mm D
70 mm Axle
Airtight Bag with desiccant
Smoother flowing material
Higher detail prints
Improved temperature handling once annealed
Higher Impact resistance
Higher layer strength
*Higher Temp handling after annealing stage
Spools are all locally UK sourced cardboard parts making them easy to recycle once the filament runs out.
Free downloads of spool aids are available to print from thingiverse if required.
3D printed roller style rim adapter for cardboard spool: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4778957
3D printed axle style unloader adapter for cardboard spool: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4121972