Full screen IPS LCD Q5 XL upgrade kit for Nintendo Game Boy Color console | Funnyplaying
🚚 FREE DELIVERY on everything* > more info
- DIY FULL SCREEN IPS LCD Q5 XL upgrade kit for Nintendo Game Boy Color.
- Latest generation providing the full screen with brightness control.
- Screen display area increased by 25% more than the original.
- Includes LCD, adhesive mounting pad, glass lens and ribbon cable.
- Requires substantial console housing modification to fit the larger screen & technical installation.
Bring your Game Boy into the modern era with a vivid Q5 XL FULL SCREEN IPS LCD upgrade kit for Game Boy Color consoles.
The ribbon powering the LCD is a latest generation type which is correctly synchronised to the Game Boy to avoid screen tearing issues.
Once installed the screen supports brightness adjustment via the a touch sensor installed under the IR port.
This kit includes all of the items needed to fit the screen into a modified housing (not included), you can cut down your own shell to make the room for the LCD.
You will need to have some patience and good electronics skills to fit this kit although purchasing a pre-modified shell (once available) can drastically reduce the effort required and save you up to one hour of cutting and cleaning your own housing.
Additional tools needed include a soldering iron and solder (not included).
Please note that the LCD screen and ribbon cable require care to install and are fragile in nature, they are also more susceptible to damage once installed if the console is dropped, LCD screens can crack under pressure or with a impact, our warranty does not cover accidental / user damage of any components in this kit. Replacement LCD screens are available to purchase separately.