IPS LCD V2 for Game Boy Advance Nintendo GBA DIY mod kit including adhesive, flex ribbon & hookup wire | Funnyplaying
🚚 FREE UK DELIVERY | FREE WORLDWIDE SHIPPING with minimum spend*
- ✈️ WORLDWIDE TRACKED / EXPRESS shipping options > More info
- 💶 EU ORDERS SHIPPED VAT TAX PAID via ioss scheme > More info
- 📦 DISPATCHED TODAY > Order before 4PM GMT (Mon-Fri)
- ↩️ FREE RETURNS > Easy no quibble returns
- 🤑 COLLECT POINTS > Earn discounts with ZedLabz rewards
You will need a modified glass screen lens with an enlarged viewing window for this kit (not included), the original size screen lens window is too small and will obsure some of the LCD.
Modified or cut shell required to use this kit, centering brackets (not included) will be required for non IPS ready shells.
- DIY IPS screen kit for Nintendo Game Boy Advance consoles.
- Official Funnyplaying 2nd gen V2 type with no screen tearing
- 10 levels of brightness supported via soldering of 3 wires.
- Includes LCD, adhesive, flex ribbon & hookup wire.
- Requires console housing modification and technical installation.
Bring your Game Boy into the modern era with a vivid LCD screen upgrade kit for Game Boy Advance consoles from Funnyplaying
The ribbon powering the LCD is a second generation type which is correctly synchronised to the Game Boy Advance to avoid screen tearing issues.
This kit includes all of the items needed to fit the screen into a modified housing (not included), which you can do yourself by cutting your own shell to make the room for the LCD or by purchasing an IPS ready shell. A centering bracket may be required (not included) depending on the type of shell you are using. You will also need a modified glass screen lens to take advantage of the new LCD screen upgrade.
You will need to have some patience and good electronics skills to fit this kit although purchasing a pre-modified shell can drastically reduce the effort required and save you up to one hour of cutting and cleaning your own housing.
Additional tools needed include a soldering iron and solder (not included).
Glass screen lens and IPS modified housing shell not included but required, you can trim your own shell, but you will need to order the IPS compatible glass screen lens if you do not have one. A centering bracket may be required for aligning screen with some housing shells (not included).
Please note that the LCD screen and ribbon cable require care to install and are fragile in nature, they are also more susceptible to damage once installed if the console is dropped, LCD screens can crack under pressure or with a impact, our warranty does not cover accidental / user damage of any components in this kit. Replacement parts will be available to purchase separately in the near future.