Replacement Laser lens for Sony PS4 optical pickup module unit KES-496A | ZedLabz
🚚 FREE DELIVERY on everything* > more info
- Replacement OEM lens unit for most Sony PS4 Slim & Pro consoles.
- IMPORTANT - Check compatibility before purchase - Laser model no: KES 496A.
- Usually found in models CUH-2000, CUH-7000 & some CUH-1200
- Laser lens must be installed into the original optical drive (not included).
- Technical internal fitting required.
NOTE: Check compatibility before purchase - different PS4 consoles require different laser part numbers.
Compatibility can be confirmed by checking the original disc drive circuit board for the model numbers listed as compatible above.
Repair a PS4 console's disc read error issues with a replacement OEM lens part. If you have experienced typical PS4 error messages such as "The disc cannot be read. Make sure that the disc is not damage or dirty", and you have tried other game discs with the same issue, then your disc drive laser could potentially need replacing.
This replacement optical pickup lens can read all games and blu ray discs just like the original, no soldering needed, this part connects using the original ribbon that your old laser connected with (ribbon cable not included).
The console must be opened and dissembled to fit this part. Tools required to fit a replacement PS4 lens unit are typically:
- T8 & T9 Torx security screwdriver (not included)
- #1 Philips cross screwdriver (not included)
This part requires a you to take your console and disc drive apart which has a medium difficulty level, it is recommended that only experienced individuals familiar with electronics repairs attempt the fitting of this part.
Repair and modification products are fitted at the customers own risk, we accept no liability for damage or consequential loss from the fitting of parts or modification parts supplied by ourselves, our liability is limited to the supplied parts only.
Laser lens module only. Ribbon cables, disc drives, installation tools and any other parts are not included.