USB C Charging board mod for Nintendo Game Boy Advance SP with audio support | Giltesa
👍 Shop with confidence - We're here for you 🤗
- 🚚 Tracked shipping (limitations apply) Learn more
- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Rated "Excellent" on Trustpilot
- 📦 Fast dispatch - Normally same business day !
- 🛡️ 2 Year warranty (terms apply) - More info
- 🤑 Join our rewards program > Get discounts !
- 🏦🇪🇺/🇳🇴/🇦🇺 - We are tax registered in the EU, Norway & Australia - Prices include VAT/GST tax - More info
- 🏦🇺🇸 - No import fees/sales tax on orders under $800 USD for US customers
- Custom designed internal charging board mod by Giltesa
- Compatible with Game Boy Advance SP
- Features a USB C connector supporting USB-A to USB-C type cables.
- Supports audio using a USB C 3.5mm adapters without DAC
- Requires internal soldering and a Li-po battery ( Battery not included)
NOTE: This mod requires a USB C to USB C type cable, it will not support USB C to USB C as it does not have the resistors needed, adding the resistors would disable the audio support.
This mod allows you to charge the game boy advance SP battery fitted to the console and use the port for headphones using a USB C headphone adapter.
The soldering level for this mod is medium to difficult, it requires some experience in soldering, as the solder points are quite small, there are 6 points to solder to achieve the charging and audio.
Shell cutting is not required for this mod, a 3D printed spacer is used to fill the void felt from removing the original charging port.
To listen to audio through headphones etc, you will need a USB C to 3.5mm adapter or USB C headphones, this must be without any DAC, just a basic low cost adapter.
Installation guide / documentation can be found on the Giltesa site here:
Soldering is required to install this mod.
|Platform||Nintendo Game Boy Advance SP|