Internal cooling fan for Nintendo Switch console OEM replacement | ZedLabz
👍 Shop with confidence - We're here for you 🤗
- 🚚 Tracked shipping (limitations apply) Learn more
- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Rated "Excellent" on Trustpilot
- 📦 Fast dispatch - Normally same business day !
- 🛡️ 2 Year warranty (terms apply) - More info
- 🤑 Join our rewards program > Get discounts !
- 🏦🇪🇺/🇳🇴/🇦🇺 - We are tax registered in the EU, Norway & Australia - Prices include VAT/GST tax - More info
- 🏦🇺🇸 - No import fees/sales tax on orders under $800 USD for US customers
- Genuine OEM replacement internal fan for Nintendo Switch
- Simple zif connector installation - no soldering required.
- Ideal for repairing a Nintendo Switch with a loud or non working fan.
- Requires internal fitting - Console must be opened and disassembled to fit.
- Please consult a trained technician if you are unsure about fitting this part.
A genuine replacement cooling fan for the Nintendo Switch tablet game console machine.
If your console fan is running very loud or not functioning then a replacement may be needed.
This part matches the 5V 0.33amp fan used by Nintendo and is an OEM original replacement.
The fan uses an integrated ribbon flex cable to connect to the console main board. The ribbon cable connects via a zif connector making it a plug and play replacement module, no soldering is required.
Please note that the fitting of this part will require you to open and at least partly disassemble your Nintendo Switch, voiding your warranty.
Repairs should only be done by trained professionals and those who are confident with electronic device repairs.
Tools required to fit this part include a Philips PH00 screwdriver, Triwing Y00 screwdriver and a plastic prying tool or electronics tweezers. (tools not included)
Cleaning a fan is always the first thing to do when there is an issue with cooling fan, this can be done with a can of compressed air, or with an anti static brush, for best the console should ideally be opened, please note that this will void any warranty, if under warranty please contact Nintendo or your retailer first for assistance. If problems with the fan persists after cleaning then it may need to be replaced.
Does my Nintendo Switch fan need replacing?Typical symptoms of a malfunctioning fan are audible sounds such as rattling, grinding, buzzing, a general significant increase in volume, or no noise at all due to it not spinning up (dead). Ensure that no case or other accessories are obstructing the fan vent and creating additional noise, try removing the console from any type of accessories or case to ensure that is not impacting on the audible volume of the cooling fan.
The louder audible sounds from a fan normally indicate the bearings in the fan have failed, either from extended amounts of use (at end of lifespan), or a faulty part which has failed prematurely. The lifespan of a quality branded fan should be in the region of tends of thousands of hours, for example a 40,000 hours lifespan (about 5 years continuous use). Note that these lifespan numbers are calculated in lab conditions without any external factors, such as dust, or the fan being knocked or banged inside a portable console. The lifespan of a fan can be cut short when used in real life, it could begin to fail at any time, inside warranty, just outside warranty or it can last for years.
Replacing the fan will normally resolve the issue, the fan itself is not a serviceable part but the part is relatively straight forwards to replace if you have some experience in taking electronic items apart. No soldering is required to replace the fan, the fan is modular and connected with a flat ribbon cable which will come attached to the replacement fan.